Christa Elyce Photography via bridalmusings.com
A woman’s wedding is a momentous milestone in her life for many reasons. All the details that go into transforming the bride into an awe-inspiring Queen on her special day should be more fun than stress. Whether your look is vintage romance, boho chic, classic elegance, or ethnic inspired, all of these looks are achievable with your natural texture. Natural hair is not nor has it ever been one dimensional. It is a kaleidoscope of beautifully unique waves, coils, kinks and locs that add character to the true essence of our beauty. All brides should look the very best of themselves on their wedding day.
Follow these 6 beauty guides to guarantee perfect wedding day hair
- Accentuate your Face Shape: Ask your self, “what hair style truly compliments my face shape?”. Choose a style that you are comfortable wearing confidently and begin building from there. Your chosen style should highlight your features and your personality. If you are have difficulty assessing styles on your own, head to a stylist that specializes in natural hair and book a consultation to experience a variety of styles.
Renaissance Studios Photography via thebridescafe.com
- Create a Vision Board: As juvenile as it may seem, this little exercise actually works for a host of things. When you are crafting your flawless wedding look, pulling visuals for inspiration helps both you and your stylist bring your vision to life most accurately. Make a scrapbook of what you love and what you can’t stand to better customize your style.
- Be Open-Minded to Different Styles: There are endless styles for naturalistas in all lengths and textures for brides to choose from. Do your research starting from you tube right on over to the hair salon. Just because you are used to wearing your hair a certain way does not mean there aren’t ways to add more pizzazz to your style or switch it up altogether. And for the edgy naturalistas sporting sexy buzz cuts nothing says, “I am here darling” like a subtle color change to modernize your bridal look.
- Consider Your Accessories: Always bring your hair accessories with you to any consultation. This is the only way to be absolutely sure your hairstyle and accessories are cohesive yet satisfactory to your vision. You’ll be surprised at how many brides bring their veil and not their hair accessories to a consultation.
- Practice Perfecting your Look: The amazing thing about any look is once you understand your hair’s temperament so to speak you can master manipulating your coils to your liking. Bantu knots, two strand twists, and cornrows are just a few ways to sculpt your tresses into more dramatic wedding day hairstyles.
Source: Black Girl Long Hair
Embracing the texture of your hair can be quite intimidating, but remember you are not alone. Your hair is your crown and contrary to what mainstream media may display, there are a plethora of stunning styles to wear especially on your wedding day.