On Saturday, June 29, 2013, Amar’e Stoudemire married long-time love Alexis Welch. Joined by their four children, the couple said their I-Do’s at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami. Famed wedding and events planner, Colin Cowie, worked closely with the couple to help bring their vision to life with no detail being spared. Guests including Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, Victor Cruz of the New York Giants, Grant Hill, Rudy Gay of the Toronto Rapters, Drew Gooden of the Milwaukee Bucks and other professional athletes and celebrities, dined on food prepared by the Stoudemire’s personal chef Maxcel Hardy from New York, NY.
We are so excited to bring you an exclusive behind the scenes look of Amar'e and Alexis Stoudemire's Wedding Day! The bride and groom originally planned to hold the ceremony on the grounds of the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, however due to rain earlier in the day, the ceremony was moved inside shortly before it was scheduled to begin. Alexis wore a one-of-a-kind wedding dress by J’Anton for Ever After Miami and Amar’e was dressed in a Calvin Klein Collection Wedding Suit with custom embroidery by the Thomas Faison Agency & Ever After Miami. The guest were all asked to dress in white and black to keep in line with the couples Modern Couture Royalty vision for the wedding and reception with tones of red, black and gold and platinum to convey that vision.
The couples vision for the wedding was Modern Couture Royalty with tones of red, black and gold and platinum to convey that vision. For the reception, Amar’e changed into a red Lanvin suit. This show stopper was a great contrast to the white, black and gold he wore during the wedding. Amar’e and his groomsmen changed into STAT Family Crest tee shirt by Thomas Faison. Alexis wore a reception dress by Giambattista Valli Couture for Ever After Miami and changed out of her Nicholas Kirkwood heals into Nike Retro Air Jordan 11s to dance the night away in her gown.
- J'Anton for Ever After Miami – Wedding Gown
- Giambattista Valli Couture for Ever After Miami – Reception Gown
- Loren Jewels – Jewelry
- Nicholas Kirkwood heals on with all of her gowns and then put on Retro Air Jordan 11s to dance the night away in her Giambattista Valli couture gown
- Calvin Klein Collection – Wedding Suit with Custom Embroidery by the Thomas Faison Agency & Ever After Miami.
- Lanvin – Reception Suit
- Vera Wang for David's Bridal
- Event Design, Floral, and Décor – Colin Cowie Celebrations
- Catering – Chef Maxcel Hardy, the Stoudemire’s personal chef
- Wedding Cake – Divine Cupcakery
- Printed Materials/Stationer – Ellen Weldon
- Venue – Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Photography – Donna Newman
- Wedding Band – Elan Artist
- Wedding Party Attire Styling – Thomas Faison Agency
Congratulations to the lovely couple! We wish you both many more years of wedded bliss!
Photo credit: Donna Newman