It was only a few short days ago that everyone was celebrating Thanksgiving. How did you and your future spouse celebrate Thanksgiving? Maybe some of you became newly engaged and others of you were spent the holiday talking about your upcoming nuptials. The twins and I were looking forward to having the extra time with my husband. Can you be thankful for something about your future spouse every day, not just on Thanksgiving?
We sure can. Your challenge is to write down at least fifteen traits about your spouse that you are thankful for today. I'll even start this off:
1) Thankful for how hard he works to make sure we have what we need.
2) Thankful that he is very good at fixing things when appliances break in our home or even when there is something wrong with my car.
3) Thankful that he loves spending time with our children and makes sure that every weekend he has "Daddy" time with them.
4) Thankful for his continuous support in my dreams and goals.
5) Thankful that he is not the "impulse shopper" today that he used to be.
6) Thankful that he is right there to take care of me when I get sick all of a sudden.
7) Thankful he understands when I say no to spending on a large ticket item there's a reason behind it.
Does that give you some ideas? Now you shouldn't use mine. Can you make a list of 15 things about your future spouse? Have fun and once you are done with 15 then make it bigger. Husbands and wives need to learn how to appreciate each other for who they are day in and day out. Not just one day a year or on a Birthday or Anniversary. Don't fall into the trap of looking at the things they are not doing so much that you miss out on the good things that they are doing.
I'll let you in on a secret, you're not supposed to be alike. Yes, you should have some common interest and goals but not everything. This way you have different things to talk about that can keep both of you growing. Be sure to share at least one of the traits that is on your list that you are thankful for about your future spouse.